Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

I Did It

Dear Abbey,

I did it.

I opened my mouth and told someone. Someone not in a WoPA support group. Someone not in a ARP meeting. Someone that is not a WoPA. This was a first.

It was so so scary but so so invigorating and freeing.

I opened up to a friend that has continually forced me out of my house when I'm wanting to be a hermit,and  kept being my friend even when she sensed my trust issues and standoffish-ness. 

I have wanted to open up and share my story with her for a really long time but have been to scared or could never find "the right time". This last week she mentioned that she was preparing a talk in sacrament meeting on opposition and how we get through them. I got an overwhelming feeling that I needed to tell her. Now.

So I did.

I was so afraid of how she would respond. Would she think I was stupid for staying? Would she think Wil was a perverted monster? Would she blame me? Would she downplay what I'm going through?

Her response was perfect. She was so full of empathy, love and support. She has a child with aspbergers allowing her to empathize with me in understanding how incorrect and hurtful judgements are made in our situation. She built me emphasizing over and over how much she admired me and my courage to share with her and my strength to stay in my marriage and keep fighting for it.

While the idea of someone knowing still intimidates me, I'm so glad that my sharing was a good experience and give me hope and confidence to own share my story with others in the future.

Sincerely,
Me

1 comment: